The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rell arrived!

+5
MissRead
nattherat
Artful Owl
Purple_Monkfish
DollYay
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rell arrived! - Page 2 Empty Re: Rell arrived!

Post by Purple_Monkfish Tue May 05, 2015 5:30 pm

Gosh she looks fantastic! I love her eyebrows, i'm starting to lean more and more towards extreme expressions for Makies hehehe.
She's awesome, you've really given her so much personality and those freckles are great!
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Tue May 05, 2015 6:01 pm

Thanks so much!

I feel like maybe it's worth me mentioning she's based on this character of mine:
Rell arrived! - Page 2 77b27c611a4e3a2996ed55c2171eafab-d8aeirz
So I already had a strong idea of what I wanted to do with her from the start, there wasn't much improvisation (beyond the couple of times the pastels/pencils didn't react with the nylon like I was expecting). Makie Aurella will be coming and helping to sell her comic at MCM Expo in London at the end of this month. XD

Something else that might be interesting, because I don't know about you guys but I love before & after shots:
Rell arrived! - Page 2 Rellmakiefaceup_by_nattherat-d8s9b1w
Now to wait excitedly for the next makie to arrive! XD
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by Almostreal Tue May 05, 2015 6:28 pm

She looks great! Did you use a sealant?
Almostreal
Almostreal

Back to top Go down

Post by ozma06 Tue May 05, 2015 6:42 pm

Thanks! Very Happy
ozma06
ozma06

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Tue May 05, 2015 7:34 pm

Wow! She looks great!
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Thu May 07, 2015 2:33 pm

Thanks all! I did a little bit more freckling on the face and installed eyelashes. 

@Almostreal - yep, many layers of MSC! Pastels are a nightmare in my opinion if they aren't fixed. XD

Here she is all complete with outfit:
Rell arrived! - Page 2 11203453_910438092311184_1228457176_n
Rell arrived! - Page 2 11254433_1589156048033721_62681869_n
The clothes I commissioned from Tamar of C'mon Dolly for! They look super fantastic and they're so well made. Very Happy She's posing with the comic she comes from (you can check out more about that here), and she's all ready to come with me to MCM Comic Con in London at the end of this month!
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Thu May 07, 2015 6:24 pm

Ooo, I've bought things from Tamar before! I didn't know she could make things for a Makie. If you don't mind my asking, how is the blouse under the blazer--long sleeve, short sleeve? I've really been wanting a white, frilly blouse for Lizzie, so maybe I should think about C'mon dolly.

Thanks for sharing the pictures!
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead Thu May 07, 2015 6:50 pm

Wow she looks amazing!  I just love before and after photos so I am so glad you showed them.  I am sure she will be a great ad for your comic as well - a great likeness and fantastic outfit.
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Thu May 07, 2015 7:00 pm

She is just fantastic!
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Thu May 07, 2015 7:09 pm

Thanks all! It's so great to finally have her at this stage. Very Happy

@jupiternames - Since I was very particular about what the makie was going to be wearing, I knew I'd need to commission the clothing anyway, so I just got in touch and asked if it'd be okay! I've already returned for the outfit for my second makie haha, and I'm sure I'll be back in future.
The shirt is a long sleeved one. It does bulk her up with the blazer on too, but I'm a stickler for accuracy so I like it this way. 

@MissRead - thanks so much! I wish I'd taken a proper full photo as she was out the tube, but I'll make sure to do a bit more photo documentation with my next one haha!

@Purple_Monkfish - thank you!

Now if only the lab would hurry and send out my second makie haha, Aurella's going to get pretty lonely without her friend! Very Happy
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Fri May 08, 2015 6:43 am

I get that. You want to be able to take the blazer off and still have it accurate! Mainly, I'm excited to be able to order Makie sized clothes from C'mon dolly. I'm always a little suspicious of Blythe clothes given how skinny she is! I'm looking forward to seeing the next outfit you've bought.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Fri May 08, 2015 8:05 am

Exciting! And ooo comic! I keep meaning to draw up test panels but then I get lazy and remember I suck at perspective hah. Also husband keeps insisting he write stuff and I don't like letting someone else write my characters because i'm a possessive little brat rargh. MINE *swipe* hehehe.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Sat May 09, 2015 11:51 am

C'mon Dolly posted an instagram preview here of the next outfit, I'm so excited! Very Happy I'd totally recommend C'mon Dolly - I know you probably already know of the quality having bought some clothes before, but the commissioning process has been one of the best I've had, and the clothes fit so perfectly. So I totally recommend.

@P_M haha yeah, comics are really really difficult. I know many creators who would say they aren't, but to me they're very difficult. It's hard enough to be happy with one artwork, let alone panels and panels of artwork!
Ever tried a photo comic though? You have such developed characters in your makies, that you have the start of a comic right there! Very Happy I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up giving makie Aurella and makie Elisabeth a little photo comic of their own. XD
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sat May 09, 2015 3:08 pm

Now there's a plan! hahah. My next Makie is supposed to be a characters from this not written comic *snort* so goodness knows what he'll get up to.
I may just stick with writing drabbly prose, it saves me the headache of perspective and backgrounds ahahah. omg backgrounds are evil.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2